Jane Langdell Robinson’s practice emphasizes complex commercial and contract disputes and trademark litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels. Ms. Robinson has extensive complex civil litigation experience and has argued appeals before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Fourteenth Court of Appeals in Houston, as well as appearing on briefs before the Fourth Circuit, Ninth Circuit, United States Supreme Court, First Court of Appeals in Houston, and the North Carolina Court of Appeals. Ms. Robinson also assists clients with trademark registration and maintenance both federally and in Texas.
Before joining Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing P.C. in 2007, Ms. Robinson worked at Baker Botts in Houston, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton in Los Angeles, and Smith Anderson Blount Dorsett Mitchell & Jernigan in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Ms. Robinson is admitted in Texas, California, North Carolina (inactive), all Texas federal courts, the Fifth and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Ms. Robinson graduated magna cum laude from Dartmouth College in 1995 and with honors from Duke University School of Law in 1998.
Some of Ms. Robinson’s representations include:
- Led briefing and argument of successful judgment as a matter of law on trademark infringement claim against our client after eight-day federal jury trial.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in copyright and trademark infringement lawsuit on behalf of outdoors magazine.
- Won appeal and obtained attorneys’ fees award on behalf of whistle-blower client before federal Administrative Review Board.
- Argued and briefed critical aspects of successful motion for summary judgment in complex Uniform Commercial Code Article 2 case in Delaware bankruptcy court.
- Obtained dismissal for failure to state a claim of multiple counts in favor of client in trademark lawsuit brought in Southern District of New York.
- Represented the American Automobile Association (AAA) in multiple trademark actions against infringers.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of federal discrimination lawsuit on behalf of three Fortune-500 companies based in Houston.
- Represented major telecommunications equipment company in briefing and arguing monopolization claim against a competitor in arbitration resulting in favorable award for client.
- Briefed and obtained temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction in bet-the-company case for major provider of healthcare analytics threatened with loss of critical data source.
- Plains Gas Solutions, LLC v. Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, LLC, 2014 WL 4365087 (S.D. Tex. 2014) (remand to state court of action which defendants removed based on allegation of federal jurisdiction under the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act on behalf of client Plains Gas Solutions)
- Bowers v. ConocoPhillips Co. et al., 2014 WL 2949446 (S.D. Tex. 2014) (dismissal of plaintiff’s discrimination claim on behalf of three defendants)
- Stutts v. Texas Saltwater Fishing Magazine, 2014 WL 1572736 (S.D. Tex. 2014) (summary judgment on behalf of client Texas Saltwater Fishing Magazine in copyright infringement action)
- Sentinel Integrity Solutions, Inc. v. Mistras Group, Inc., 2012 WL 2994661 (S.D. Tex. 2012) (judgment as a matter of law in favor of client Mistras Group, Inc. on Sentinel’s trademark infringement claim)
- In re Crown Vantage, Inc., 2007 WL 128009 (N.D. Cal. 2007) (partial summary judgment on behalf of client Fort James Corporation)
- ConAgra Feed Co. v. Higgins, 200 F.R.D. 265 (W.D.N.C. 2001) (judgment against defendant, dismissal of defendant’s counterclaim, and award of fees as sanction against defendant on behalf of client ConAgra in breach of contract case)
Ms. Robinson is not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.