Paloma Zepeda is a complex commercial litigator with experience in government and internal investigations.
Ms. Zepeda has worked on complex international cases. Formerly with the Washington, D.C. office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Ms. Zepeda is a graduate of both Harvard Law School and Harvard College. In law school, she was editor in chief of the Harvard Latino Law Review, a teaching fellow and chair of the Latino Law, Business and Policy Conference.
She is licensed to practice in both New York State and the District of Columbia, with her Texas license pending.
HER REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Conducting dozens of international witness interviews in white collar corporate investigations in both English and Spanish.
- Supervising international securities litigation electronic document collection and production for a Fortune 50 company.
- Second chair in multiple examinations at trial, preparing both fact and expert witnesses in a landmark education trial and second-chair and defending depositions in insurance coverage litigation.
Prior to law school, Ms. Zepeda was a consultant with Monitor Group where she prepared quantitative and qualitative analysis to support competitive strategy decisions for retail, pharmaceutical and telecommunications clients. She was a labor relations intern for Major League Baseball, a U.S. Congressional intern and a consultant for the D.C. Department of transportation.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2010
- Editor in Chief, Harvard Latino Law Review
- Chair, Latino Law, Business and Policy Conference
- Teaching Fellow, Sports Law
- Federalist Society
- Harvard College, A.B., English and African-American Studies, 2006 cum laude
- Mellon Mays Scholar
- Homenaje Latino Award Winner
- Harvard – Institute of Politics – SAC member, run internship program
- New York, 2011
- District of Columbia, 2012
“U.S. Regulators Penalize Fund Advisers,” co-author, Kirkland & Ellis – Private Equity Newsletter, July 30, 2012
“U.S. Regulators Penalize Fund Advisers,” co-author, The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, July 2, 2012
“U.S. Regulators Penalize Fund Advisers,” co-author, Kirkland & Ellis – Alert, June 12, 2012
“United States Expands Iran Sanctions,” co-author, Kirkland & Ellis – Alert, December 2, 2011
“Top 10 Trade Topics Since the Start of August 2011,” co-author, Kirkland & Ellis – Alert, August 5, 2011
- Spanish, Fluent
- Portuguese, Reading Knowledge
*Internet mail is not fully secure or private. Therefore, please do not transmit confidential information via Internet mail. Transmission of information is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not assume that your communications sent using Internet mail are privileged or confidential. Please do not send Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing P.C. any confidential information via the Internet without previously consulting one of our attorneys.
**Nothing on this web page is intended to represent that Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing P.C. currently represents any particular clients mentioned because matters and client relationships naturally terminate from time to time.
© 2013 Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing P.C., Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved