Ms. Joudi is a commercial litigator who defends cases for large companies, including insurance, oil and gas and software businesses. She also regularly defends the trademarks of the American Automobile Association and restaurants.
A native of El Paso, Texas, Ms. Joudi earned her B.A. in Government with honors from the University of Texas at Austin in 2005 before earning her law degree at South Texas College of Law in 2008.
While in law school, Ms. Joudi participated in the college’s international programs, studying at the University of Florida in London, England. She then served as an intern for the Honorable Lynn N. Hughes of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Representative cases for Ms. Joudi include:
- Defended an NYSE-traded oil and gas transporter in a major $80 million breach of contract case that involved obtaining more than 40 witness statements to help reach a settlement that was excellent for the client.
- Defended a leading innovative software and data interchange company and settled an employee claim for far less than even nuisance value.
- Defended a large, national environmental and industrial service solutions corporation successfully against an employee accident claim.
- Successfully obtained name changes in trademark lawsuits for the American Automobile Association against many companies including trucking, tire, automotive and bail bonds companies.
- Successfully obtained name changes in trademark lawsuits for a Houston restaurant chain Niko Niko’s, LLC against numerous other restaurants hoping to trade on their predecessor’s good name
- Successfully defended a breach of contract case through trial that resulted in a zero verdict for the plaintiff.
- Successfully won Arbitration against Southwest Airlines which resulted in a wrongfully terminated flight attendant regaining her position back with the company.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Government in 2005
- South Texas College of Law J.D. in 2008
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
*Internet mail is not fully secure or private. Therefore, please do not transmit confidential information via Internet mail. Transmission of information is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not assume that your communications sent using Internet mail are privileged or confidential. Please do not send Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing P.C. any confidential information via the Internet without previously consulting one of our attorneys.
**Nothing on this web page is intended to represent that Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing P.C. currently represents any particular clients mentioned because matters and client relationships naturally terminate from time to time.
© 2013 Ahmad, Zavitsanos, Anaipakos, Alavi & Mensing P.C., Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved